GBA BIOS write problems

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by rikeen9, Dec 16, 2007.

1. rikeen9

rikeen9 New Member

Okay, before there are any flamers- I am a big proponent of searching/Google-ing before asking stupid questions. And I can assure you that I've already tried that with at least some proficiency.

Now, I have read the guides for gpsPhone and I have the application installed, and the ROMs in the right folder. When I go to play the games it gives me a very strange 'jumbled' up lettering that says something along the lines of "wrong BIOS."

I use WinSCP, and I have several BIOS files, from several different places, all of which are the same size. (appx. 16kb) When I use WinSCP to copy the gba_bios.bin file into the gpsphone.app folder, the file doesn't write properly. The bios file in the folder shows 0 bytes. I try again, it is still 0 bytes. So something's obviously not right, (whether it's my fault or something in the program) and I wanted to know if anyone's encountered this problem/has a solution to it. (I set all the permissions to 0755)

Thanks,
    Rik
  2. rikeen9

rikeen9 New Member

I figured out my problem. I'm not sure how though.
    Now I have a new problem- the ROMs, when I try to open them from the program, crash.
    It will go to a screen with the buttons, then it will just go back to the home screen.
  3. isi1432

isi1432 New Member

how

do you get to the place where you put bios folder in touchcopy?

its not showing up. and winscp and cuteftp8 pro didnt work for me so i have to use touchcopy.