GBA and NES ROMs not found on iPod touch.

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW, Aug 28, 2008.

1. NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW

NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW New Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem with both the NES ROMs and the GBA ROMs for my iPod Touch 1.1.4. I have both my .GBA and .NES folders with their the .GBA files in their right folders in the location: /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/ in WinSCP. For some reason whenever I run the emulators they both give me the same error "No GBA ROMs were found. Please upload ROMs to /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA (or NES for the NES Emulator). I've also got OpenSSH and Services downloaded with SSH turned on along with the GBA bios in /private/var/stash/Applications.tNcqZU/gpSPhone.app.

I was wondering if there was any way I could get these to work and play the ROMs on my iPod touch. I've literally been trying to figure this out all day going from site to site but for some reason I always get the error that there are no ROMs in the right folders. Please help!

My WinSCP window:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The ROMs are in the right place but when I load up the NES emulator on my 1.1.4 iPod they don't show up.

Thanks in Advance,

NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW.
  2. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

ive been doing this for a while, but i just upgraded to firmware 2.0.2 or something on my ipod, and i downloaded the latest gpsphone from cydia (2.5.0 i believe)
    i did everything you just said and i checked permissions but i get the exact same problem
    btw, whats the difference between var/mobile/media and var/root/media, they go to the same place
  3. NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW

NoKTuRnEoFShaDoW New Member

I don't understand why you posted this in my thread. And the difference between /root/ and /mobile/ is 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 used root and 1.1.3+ use mobile and no, they don't go to the same place.
  4. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

wow, im trying to help a bit but no, im a stupid noob.
    dont listen to me ill just leave this thread alone, its your thread after all