gb4iphone: Saving and Overheating

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Palindromic Bob, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Palindromic Bob

Palindromic Bob New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have two concerns about the gb4iphone emulator, and even though they're sort of unrelated, I'll post both of them here anyway.

First of all, I can't figure out how to save my file on Pokemon Gold (ingame save). Theres nothing wrong with save state, but I'd like to know how to use both. If anyone knows how, please do tell.

Secondly, I'm concerned that this app is causing my itouch to overheat, as it becomes quite warm even after only using it for a short time. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. mrbluefuzz

mrbluefuzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey I am having the same problem with saving could somebody please help.

Go to youtube and search saving pokemon on gameboy4iphone and a 2min video will show you how(his voice is annoying but its good)

as for the overheating idk
  3. Palindromic Bob

Palindromic Bob New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He shows you how to save the ROM's state, he doesn't show you how to save from inside the game.
  4. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    IIRC, in-game saves won't work properly. You could try fooling with permissions and such, but IMHO, it's better to just use the save-state.

As far as overheating, that's odd. What else is running? If you have Winterboard, SBSettings, and similar background processes running, those will contribute. Also be sure that other apps are fully closed (Mail and Safari, for example.)