GB/GBC Goomba Converter Problem (You Know This Happens To You)

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by Wicked One 612, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First off I'm going to say this; don't tell me to search. I've looked at ever thread on this forum that has anything to do with Goomba. Many people have reported this problem, and it's a big problem because it means that the converter is virtually useless.

I am trying to convert .gb and .gbc ROMs to .gba ROMs in order to play them on the iPod Touch with gpSPhone. I am using Goomba to do it, and to my knowledge doing it correctly. I put the converted .gb or .gbc (now .gba) file into the ROMs directory and set permissions to 755. Then I go into gpSPhone on my iPod and try to play it. It boots up then goes to a square yellow screen. I've tried this on 13 different ROMs (.gb and .gbc) both just boot to the yellow screen and do nothing.

If someone has a fix for this it would be much appreciated. And please don't tell me to use zacaj's emulator.

Thanks.
  2. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

you could simply wait.

there is a GB/GBC emulator being worked on right now. in fact, you can download it from this board that you posted this in. once there is an interface (which is also being worked on) to the emulator, you wont have to worry about the pathetic goomba converter.

goomba = sh*t.

EDIT: reread your post. why not use something that is intended for gameboy games rather than something that doesnt work because the emulator (gpSPhone) isnt emulating gameboy hardware?
  3. Wicked One 612

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of all gpSPhone isn't the problem with emulating the converted files. The converted files are the problem. Goomba must be converting them incorrectly. There must be a fix, because whenever someone asks this question everyone says "go search for Goomba", so someone must have got it working.

Secondly, I'm not using the current emulator that's out right now, because it's hardly an emulator at the moment (no offense to the creator). It's still in it's building stages, GUI hasn't been implemented yet, and it is a pain in the ass to run from Terminal. I will wait for the full version to be released (who knows when that will be), but until then I would like to get Goomba working.
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

heres a test: convert a rom on your computer, then try it with a GBA emulator (VisualBoyAdvance for example). report back when you are done.
  5. Wicked One 612

Device:
    iPod touch
    I did it and it worked in the emulator, still has a yellow hue to it (probably the ROM). Someone must have got it to work with gpSPhone though, with everyone telling others to go get Goomba to play .gbc and .gb games on the iPod.
  6. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

personally, i am against goomba just because of the reasons you stated above. i, myself, am simply waiting until the actual GB/GBC emulator comes out this this exact reason. within a few days i estimate, there will be a GUI for it.

patience my friend, it will be well worth it and then you wont have to go through the hassle of converting.

EDIT: which ROM did you test?
  7. Wicked One 612

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, I guess that's all there is to do. Hopefully it will be made into a full fledged application and not just something you run from Terminal.

I tested Pokemon Blue and Gold (even though I'm passed those times, I still love playing the games).
  8. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah, dont worry, we will be able to launch it from the springboard soon from my understanding. theres some games i wanna play (zelda to be exact) and cant wait (we're in the same boat playing the waiting game)
  9. Wicked One 612

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh yeah, me too, I already have downloaded Oracle of Seasons and Ages.
  10. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

are there even any good gb/gbc games out there besides the pokemon ones