Gap between stainless band and the glass

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zackarak, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Zackarak

Zackarak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is it just my iphone 4 which has small openings between the stainless band and glass screen? Most notable gap is where the headphone jack is located. I can stick a piece of paper in there.

Did some googling and found a few threads about it where people return their iphone for a new one within warranty. Some people said they still had the issue on their new iphone.

I'm getting a case soon so I don't think I will return my iphone.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I really think you should get a replacement. You can get dirt and dust in the gap.
  3. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get a replacement dude.
  4. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have the same issue. I was worried but it really doesn't make much of a difference. If you are worried return it but you should be good.
  5. Zackarak

Zackarak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got my case today. I'll use the iphone for awhile and then see how it turns out.

I live in sweden so it looks like it's a pain in the ass to get it replaced.
  6. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Having a gap is a big problem. It let's dust and other particles get in, which has the potential to significantly decrease your device's life. Try to get a replacement before your warranty runs out.
  7. Z3GGY

Z3GGY New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Go Get a Replacement !
  8. Zackarak

Zackarak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll call my operator and return my phone for a replacement soon. Hopefully it's not a common issue. I don't want to get the same issue on my replacement unit.

Thanks for the replies!
  9. Zackarak

Zackarak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys

I sent my iPhone back awhile ago and finally got a package today. It was a replacement unit in a black plastic box. I was thinking finally i'm getting an iphone without any issues.

So this unit has the same issue as my first one but not only that. There's a scratch on the home button. There are scratches on the plastic stuff around the glass too. One of them looks like it's been hit with something.

Did I get a used phone or something? I'll call them and return it again but this is getting annoying..
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dude. It take patience. I had to return my ipod 5 times to get the right unlight leak/bleed and no clicking noise iDevice. And I am now in the process in thinking to returning it to a 32 gig...