Gant.

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by nohfournoh, Jan 5, 2008.

1. nohfournoh

nohfournoh New Member

So i have this theme. GANT.

and i love it, but i only want it for the icons.
    but the theme only changes 6 out of 20 icons (and leaves the rest defualt)

could anyone please fix this theme, to make the theme icons work for all my apps icons.

PLEASE !?

Please Register or Log in to view images

(i got the theme from a repo) off installer.
  2. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

i believe this requires the original maker of the theme (or someone who shares his/her vision) to *make* new icons from scratch or from the icon template that they used to make the first 6 icons. if you have the time, tools and skills, you could make them yourself and add them to the theme. alternatively, you could seek out the maker of the theme (via search) and personally request the icons.
  3. nohfournoh

nohfournoh New Member

4. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

ok i see your aim. well once you download the icon sets, you can determine which png's you want for which programs.

Do you know how to SSH into your ipod and manipulate the filesystem? If not, the Wiki will bring you up to speed.

Ok, now that you know how to do that, all you must do now is go to the Applications directory where all of your Apps are kept and change the "icon.png" file to the new one you prefer.

Example:

/Applications/MobileScrobbler.app/icon.png <-- this is your original Mobile Scrobbler application icon

Rename "icon.png" to "icon.png.old" <-- this creates a backup of your original image just incase you would like to restore it.

Upload your new Mobile Scrobbler icon that was part of the Gant download icon pack to /Applications/MobileScrobbler.app/

Rename "mobile-scrobbler.png" (or whatever the name of the icon is) to "icon.png"

Now when you reboot/respring your homescreen the MobileScrobbler.app icon will have changed to the one you uploaded.

Note: this is the way i do it when i need to change icons. If you want to modify the theme folder itself, that is found in the SummerBoard.app/Gant/ folder, i believe there is an "icons" folder within that that you can name the .png's accordingly and drop in there. However the way i previously described is a sure-fire way to change the icon individually. Please refer to the Themes FAQ if you have further Q's (that's the Q in FAQ, lol)