Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by DarkKnIgHt007, Dec 7, 2009.

1. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im looking to purchase a pair of Xbox 360 Gaming Headset. Im lookin for something in the 50-125 (eh, 150) pricerange. If the quality is really a difference i will go into the 150 range.

My three big choices are the Tritton AX 720, AX 180, or the Turtle Beach X1.

i want the best quality and i'd like the front/back surround sound feature so i kno if the enemy is from the front or back. If there are any other models better please post. I think the Turtle Beaches have the surround sound to if someone could tell me which surround sound is better.

Thanks!
  2. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

3. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    any others. I'd like a model by those two companies i mentioned because they are sold at stores. But if there are others sold at stores tell me if there good.
  4. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

No headphones really have "surround sound," Soundstage on the other hand is usually what you're looking for, which these Audio Technica's excel at. If there's a J&R store near you, they should have them.

http://www.jr.com/
  5. ICanSeeClearly

ICanSeeClearly New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Isn't he looking for a headset?
  6. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I guess he means 5.1 or 7.1 that surround system sh*t
  7. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Im looking for a surround sound (7.1/5.1) headset. As of right now I am getting the Turtle Beach X41. I think the 7.1 Dolby is good and i like these the most from reviews. Is this a good decision?
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've also been looking in this market lately. I think it's odd though, everyone I've asked who owns a PS3 recommends Trittons (and kind of frowns upon turtle beach), while everyone with an xbox 360 recommends Turtle Beaches (with Tritton as a strong second).

Anyways just looking at specs the Tritton AX Pros look to be the best that they offer, but people keep telling me the 720s are better...I haven't looked into Turtle Beach as I own a PS3 but I probably should.

EDIT: Did about 5 seconds worth of research, Turtle Beach only makes one headset for ps3 and it's not all that great.