Gameshark help

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by jophy2716, May 16, 2008.

1. jophy2716

jophy2716 New Member

How can i use gameshark on gpsphone version 1.8.0? I only want it for pokemon games

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bored764

bored764 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    find a cheat make it same name as rom the .cht then ssh to your rom folder
  3. crystalangel

crystalangel New Member

Here is a method to put codes on any WORKING ROMs on your gpsphone. I do not take the credit for this masterpiece but if any help is needed feel free to PM me (i hope this isnt already posted somewhere). Here are the steps:

'm going to list the directions using my example of Harvest Moon. By the way, I'm not quite sure if this will work for Mac

IMPORTANT: I'd practice first on a game you don't care so much about!!

1. Google and download VisualBoyAdvance also known as VBA (which is a GBA emulator for the PC).

2. Open your GBA folder, copy Harvest Moon.gba AND Harvest Moon.sav to a temporary folder on your Desktop. (Please make sure you have the temporary folder, just in case!)

3. Drag the Harvest Moon.gba file into VBA, this should open it.

4. It might make you start the game and go through the introductions, if so, I'm terribly sorry. Regardless, LOAD your game to your last save point. It was accessible for Harvest Moon, hopefully it's acccessible for you all as well.

5. In VBA, go to Cheats...Cheatlist... and input your codes. It's decently easy, figure it out for yourself lol.

6. Then, make sure your codes went through. For my Harvest Moon game, my whole farm was tilled, yayyy

7. Then SAVE your game INTERNALLY!! (obviously this is critical)

8. In VBA, go to Options...Emulators...Directories. In Directories, go to the Battery: section, click Browse, and choose your Desktop as the root, just to make things easy and safe.

9. After you do this, in VBA, go to File...Export...Battery File. A dialogue box will open up, and it SHOULD have the regular game name in it (e.g. "Harvest Moon"). Don't modify anything if this is the case. Save. There should be Harvest Moon.sav on your Desktop, and if you shouldn't have had to overwrite anything if you made the temporary folder on your Desktop in the beginning.

10. Open up your FTP thingy (My weapon of choice is WinSCP). Drag the Harvest Moon.sav on your DESKTOP to your GBA folder. The FTP client should ask if you want to overwrite. Do it mannn.

(Say yes.)

11. Then, take the original Harvest Moon.gba (cause it's kinda sorta different now) that you put in the temporary folder, and drag it into the GBA folder, and say yes to overwriting.

12. Finished! (On the iPod Touch, you should go to gpSPhone and go to "All games" rather than "Saved Games." Trust me. Start it up, even if you have to go through all the introduction crap from your game, and LOAD your last save point (which would be the last thing you saw on VisualBoyAdvance).

Good luck!