Gameshark cheats for Pokemon Crystal?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by iPodninja, May 27, 2008.

1. iPodninja

iPodninja New Member

Okay, I have a major nerd problem. I need to use a couple of cheats for my Pokemon crystal but gameboy4iphone doesn't support cheats yet. Is there anyway I can upload a game to my computer and convert the save file to work with visual boy advance? I could then convert the save file back and use the newly cheated game on my iPod. Anyway this is possible? Thanks!
  2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

nope if say its impossible
  3. iPodninja

iPodninja New Member

Dammit! Man, I need to get a Celebi! HEHE. Thanks for the info bud!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

if there is a gameboy color emulator for the computer then yes, you dont need to convert the save file you take the .sav from when you save in game and use that with the comouter emulator then use gameshark/PAR that might be included in the computer emulator.
  5. iPodninja

iPodninja New Member

I downloaded TGB-Dual Emulator, but the save file doesn't work. How can I fix this???
  6. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download VisualBoy Advance. It's the best GBA emulator out there, and also the best GBC emulator. I'm not 100% sure, but you shouldn't have to convert the save file. Zodttd tries his best to stay compatible with Visualboy

EDIT: I just tested it and the save files from gameboy4iphone DO work with VisualBoy Advance.
  7. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

nice find

didnt know that
  8. iPodninja

iPodninja New Member

Yea, earlier today I found out how to save on the actual gameboy .sav file instead of saving the state of the rom. But I had to delete the extra ".gbc" on the end of the .sav file. So That's what was wrong. When I try to use .sav files with VisualBoyAdvance, it gives me an error " Unsupported file type Pokemon Crystal.sav" How do I load the saved game, I dragged it into the emulator screen, is that wrong?

9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    do u mean the roms?

I sshed my roms onto my computer so i could play them on my visual boy advanced. I'm not sure if thats what you mean though
  10. kpaul93

kpaul93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Make sure the name of the rom and the save file are the same, except for the extensions of course. Then, put the save file in the same directory as the rom, and load up pokemon crystal. Your gonna load up the in-game save. After you used your cheats, save in-game, and then add ".gbc" to the name of the .sav file. For crystal, it should probably look like this assuming the name of the rom is "Pokemon Crystal.gbc";
    "Pokemon Crystal.gbc.sav"