Games using music directly off the iPod

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by wereguy2, Jan 18, 2010.

1. wereguy2

wereguy2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, that title is kinda badly worded...
    I am looking for a rhythm game (Though anything else would be nice too) that actually allows you to play your own music instead of all this taptap crap. No, not Beatrider, something that doesn't require a wifi connection.
    It should be possible, since Space Invaders Infinity Gene does it (A little bluntly yes, but it still detects the general flow).
    I am also curious as to what would a game like this would actually involve from a algorithmic point of view.
  2. Dónde?

Dónde? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It'd be a pretty big app, you'd have to analyse all the channels of sound, and on-the-fly, the iPhone probably won't be able to keep up
  3. wereguy2

wereguy2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What if it wasn't done on-the-fly, but beforehand?
  4. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I know it's not a rhythm game technically, but thought I'd throw it in just in case it's in any way helpful with this thread... have you seen Audio Music

Also.. if you look on Youtube... if you have the old versions of taptap... supposedly you can add your own songs?? For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB2ZR9nJCiA
  5. wereguy2

wereguy2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Now that is interesting!
    Normally I hate tap tap, it is terribly made, but this... This is worth looking in to.
    Oh, and I am not only looking for rhythm games (should have probably said that), as the title suggests.
    Thanks!
  6. wereguy2

wereguy2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    *bump*
    Is it possible to compile the following files into a .tap?
    notes.mid, song.ini, song.ogg, guitar.ogg?
    It should be, and if it is, there is an abundance of these files, thousands of playable songs.
    Does anyone know anything about this?