Gamertag change.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by carlos!, Aug 14, 2008.

1. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey everyone, i was wondering if everyone who reads this that has xbox live could do me a favor and file a complaint against my gamertag.
    this xbox live account used to be my brothers and i dont want his name.
    the name is:
    x 7hr0wd0wn x

please and thank you to everyone in advance.
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    umm you relize you can change your gamerta without doing that. It costs like 10$ though. Cheapie Bill Gates
  3. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If that's your brothers, why don't you make your own? You can make as many as you want for free.
  4. Zigg47

Zigg47 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah i think he knows that is just if your gamertag has a lot of complaints filed against it he gets to change it for free
  5. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If they're standard complaints, he won't get to change his name, the account will be suspended indefinitely. They'd have to be complaints specifically about the name, but his name is not against Microsoft's policy so they're NEVER going to suspend or change an account because it's named Throwdown. The complaints only raise a red flag for Microsoft to investigate if a problem exists. If they see a few complaints made about your account's name, they'll simply look at it, say "Nope... nothing wrong with that" and move on. It takes more than just a few complaints for Microsoft to take action, else it would be an unfair and unbalanced system. Either pay to change the name, or make your own account.
  6. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can't get as many as you want for free, you only get 3 free 1 month trials when you create a silver account.
  7. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didn't say he could make as many free trial gold account as he wants. He can still make a free Silver account (assuming they've already used up 3 free trials) and subscribe to gold at any point.
  8. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there are a couple of reasons why im doing this.
    1. ive already made a bunch of friends on this account so make a new account would be inconvenient. plus all of my achievments.
    2. this account is subscribed for 12 months(until november) and that would be a waste of money.

ive already asked most of my friends to file a complaint about my name. and apparently it doesnt matter what your name is, if you get enough complaints you will be forced to change your name.
    so please if anyone can do this for me it would help alot, and save me 10 bucks.
  9. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you recvied enough file complaints on your GT
    you can change for free
    i changed 8x
    so microsoft gave $80
    im trying to have the whole alphabet in my gt
    i had x-e already

Please Register or Log in to view images