Gamepad for Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by impreziv, Apr 1, 2008.

1. impreziv

impreziv New Member

so its my first post here. im going to be buying a 32gb ipod touch tomorrow. and ive been reading about all the nice apps available for this thing. one thing im particularly interested in is the Emulators (NES, Genesis, and such).

i just cant imagine playing these games without actual buttons (touch screen seems a bit clumsy for gaming). i know i shouldnt be buying this thing just for gaming, and im not.

has me wondering... does anyone know if any 3rd party companies are planning on releasing a plug in gamepad? or a mini handheld dock with Gameboy-esque buttons?

id like to be able to set it down on the table in landscape mode with a kickstand propping the ipod up, and have a plug-in gamepad. or even a tiny little clip in thingy that has a USB plug, so i can plug in a USB gamepad of my own.

with Apple just releasing the SDK and all, theres going to be a buttload of developers making all sorts of software. theres going to be some demand for some new input hardware. i cant imagine waiting too long before we see some PDA-like docking qwerty keyboards, and maybe some other input-devices.

what do you guys think?
  2. Kasaki

Kasaki Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I highly doubt it if it happens it would be from like a private group who make homemade crap. big time companies would have no use for making it
  3. XyracX

XyracX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is really nice idea.I maybe buy one for 10 $ ^^
  4. impreziv

impreziv New Member

we'll have to see...

the wait a while for the first price drop on these touchs. Apple is trying to promote their SDK, and get a big 3rd party software following. who knows, apple themselves might make a plugin input device.
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

its simply not gonna happen, seeing as the roms for these games are illegal to obtain, and companies would be "supporting" that and would be sued. Frivolous lawsuits is what this country is about!
  6. impreziv

impreziv New Member

obviously no company is going to 'support' roms and emulators. but there will be a bunch of legit software out there. may generate some demand for a better input medium.

i think the release of a PDA-like qwerty keyboard is inevitable, with the amount of ppl that absolutely hate the Iphone/Itouch onscreen keyboard.

just too bad the Touch lacks bluetooth, i wonder how the iphone handles bluetooth keyboards...
  7. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    They have gamepads for full-blown computers too.
    Lawyers: "But computers play ROOOOOOOOOOOOOMs!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!"
    Me: "And they play Portals and Half Life and etc."
    Lawyers: D:

This applies to handhelds as well.
    There are plenty of free (or purchasable) native apps that would benefit from solid controls.

So shove it, Lawyers.
    Lawyers: D:
  8. parker1494

parker1494 New Member

it wont happen they are illegal but if it does pm me
  9. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    ROMs aren't illegal either.
    Having ROMs of games you don't physically own is illegal.

But, since I love Paper Mario, and own the game both for N64 and Virtual Console, I own the right TWOFOLD to have a backup on my computer.

Thus, a ROM.

So I do.
  10. acerad6

acerad6 New Member

yeah

i have been really hopeing for sum 1 2 make this sorta like the call spaeker that was made for ipodtouch if they can make that theres got 2 be sum 1 who can make a controller. but i bet the emulators dont support a controller unless zodttd could figur it out.