Gameboy4iphone + Visualboyadvance = true?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by jezpas, May 8, 2008.

1. jezpas

jezpas New Member

Hey, I'm wondering if there's a way for me to combine Gameboy4iphone and visualboy advance i.e. play on my iPot get home transfer a save file continue on my comp and when done transfer new save back to iPot (the cycle continues...)

This far I've drawn a blank, I've transfered a .sav file from my ROMs directory but VBA can't open it, Gb4Iphone also saves a .svs file, which I haven't located so I haven't tried that yet...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jez
  2. dean11

dean11 New Member

yes there is a way: ssh into your ipod and go to where your roms and saves are located (usually var/root/media/GAMEBOY) and copy your save to your computer. Now open visual boy and load your rom, then go file/import/battery file and choose your save that you just got off your ipod. it should now be able to go into your save game so play around and when your finished save it in the game and close visualboy. Now wherever visualboy usually keeps savegames which i think is usually where the exe is go to that folder. once in there you should see a save file the same name as the one from your ipod but ending in something like .sv1. Rename this last part of the file with .gbc.sav and put it in your ipod.
  3. jezpas

jezpas New Member

Actually found this out anyway but thanks. Gameboy4iPhone saves .sav files in the same directory as your rom file.
  4. I Was Touched

I Was Touched New Member

ok this makes me cry, i should saynope, ...only visualboy for pc has acomplished gb/gbc plus gba maybe some day wii and ds-.-'
  5. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Mac?

Does anyone know how to do this on a mac I use the same two programs as above. I have the rom running fine and all my saves and everything from my ipod on my computer. But when I load the rom there is no option about importing to battery save. I have tried simply renaming my files to the appropriate extensions and placing it in both the "Save States" and "Battery Saves" folders but that doesn't work
  6. thepione

thepione New Member

Confused

Could you go through the process step-by-step again? I'm having trouble. I currently have a .gbc ROM, a .svs, a .sav, and a .rtc file in the GAMEBOY folder for gb4iphone. I also have VBA and a ROM in Windows.

Currently, when I tried to copy the .svs, .sav, and .rtc file to the local directory of VBA on my computer, nothing happens. I go to File-Import-Battery File, click on the .sav, and it restarts with nothing.
  7. cam91010

cam91010 New Member

Ive finally found out how to transfer from your ipod to a pc emulator!

Go to this video that i made it will how you how to do it step by step:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv6uUPsbdA
    If you have any questions message me. Your welcome!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. cam91010

cam91010 New Member

Ive finally found out how to transfer from your ipod to a pc emulator!

Go to this video that i made it will how you how to do it step by step:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv6uUPsbdA
    If you have any questions message me. Your welcome!!

Please Register or Log in to view images