gameboy4iphone bring me back to homescreen

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by mrkatou, Jun 29, 2008.

1. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

When I press a ROM in gameboy4iphone it directs me to home screen. Any help?
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

set permissions to 0755
  3. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

or possibly 777
  4. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

ya i think it 755 maybe 777 if 755 dont work
  5. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You don't need to set permissions on ROMs. Ever.

• Is the ROM homebrew or commercial?
    • What's the size of the file?
    • Is the ROM usable on other emulators?

Those are questions that should be asked. Don't just immediately say you need to set permissions, that doesn't even apply here. If the Emu shows up on the springboard and the ROM files show up also, then the permissions are fine. They won't show up other-wise due to not having those permissions. Think before you post.
  6. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

I'm pretty sure permissions affect other things, like being able to save too.
  7. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have never had to pop open my terminal and run change mode lines to get any of the emulators on my ipod to work. In the past, all the problems I've ever had to deal with, were due to unstable/corrupt files, partial app downloads, and other issues brought about by errors in the files themselves.

Saving games has nothing to do with permissions either. Savestates are created by the application, and being that the applications are stable and have been made correctly (thank Zod), the saves are defaulted to the correct reading, writing, and executable permissions.

If you take a look at a freshly jailbroken device, with an emulator installed with proper ROMs, you'll find that permissions are set to 420. Setting things to 755/777 just make it usable at all levels.

I will say it again, permissions aren't the answer for this sort of thing. It's just a waste of time.
  8. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

Asuraku, you were right. I went to the rom and the filesize was 0kb, I put in another ROM and the emulator is working fine. How to bring down this thread?