Game stuck on "Waiting..."

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by google321, Jul 12, 2009.

1. google321

google321 New Member

I downloaded a game from the App store and when it went back to the screen with all the icons, the new icon popped up as a gray box with "waiting..." below it so I figured ok, its downloading then it will show "loading..." but nope, still stuck with "waiting..." the game was only like 360kb in size so im wondering why its taking so long. how can I remove it? If i press and hold, all the icons start to wiggle but the black x doesn't popup on it to remove it. thanks. Its been like that for a day or two now btw. I even tried to shut down the iPod and restart it and still the icon is "waiting..."

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tap it once, and wait. This usually fixes it for me, and I've had this problem several times. Also Make sure Wi-Fi is connected/working.
  3. google321

google321 New Member

Well this is no longer a problem as I have had my first major headache with the iPod. I used iFunbox to copy some videos to my iPod and then when I wanted to sync some other stuff with iTunes, a bunch of the tabs would not show up when I clicked on my iPod. Tried with my brothers laptop as well and the tabs were missing there too. Apparently this has something to do with using iFunbox or something as the iFunbox website had people complaining of similar things. I said screw it, I backed up the unit and ended up restoring it. Now I have to jailbreak it again. Damn.
  4. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well good luck, let us know if it fixes the problem
  5. Mwing99

Mwing99 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Happns to me too

Ok I just got my itouch and its also stuck on waiting.

I tried tapping it once but nothing happened. Also when I hold it, it makes a earthquack. any suggestions?
  6. deleted account 106

deleted account 106 Member

If your JailBroken try deleting it via openSHH? I had this back at 2.2.1 and deleted it fine via SHH. Hope this helps

7. Mwing99

Mwing99 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    mine isnt jail broken
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so those anone else have any ideas? i really need help