Galcon Question????

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by hankthehampster, Aug 27, 2008.

1. hankthehampster

hankthehampster New Member

This game looks awesome but is it really worth the 10 bucks? Does it have a lot of levels and is it fun to play after 2 or 3 days?
  2. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I posted a reviewof it. I'd give a link but I'm on my touch.
    Since my review they've added sound and online play.
    If your into strategy it's worth it.
  3. DocWalt

DocWalt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The multiplayer added a lot to it. There's not really "levels", but there are difficulties ranging from "Cabin Boy" (new player) to "Admiral" and there's 5 types of games, regular 1 on 1, Beast (take on an enemy that has the entire board except for your two planets), 3 Way (3 way deathmatch), Stealth (can't see the flying ships) and Vacuum (take over all the planets as fast as you can with no enemy, there's a time limit too). The new net play is really addicting once you get good and start winning. It's a deathmatch with up to 4 players battling it out, and it gets really hectic. The ranking system is pretty cool too, you can see how good you are compared to other players. There's quite a few different strategies, and ways to manage your resources, and it's easy to pick up, hard to put down, I killed my battery playing on wifi today

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ultimately, we can't make the decision for you, and I know I just gave it a glowing review, but could you really use the money on something that will provide you with more entertainment? That's up to you to decide. I'd suggest finding someone with it and trying it out, or trying the PC version. The interface on the iPoT is actually easier to use.
  4. hankthehampster

hankthehampster New Member

Thanks guys actually ended up buying it right after i posted the thread and i have to say its an awesome game. Haven't played onlinw yet cause i dont have wi-fi (owned!) but i really like it.
  5. sleepbox

sleepbox New Member

I love it. The best game in the app store IMO. I generally dislike strategy games because I don't have patience but with rounds that seldom last more than 1-2 minutes max, I don't have time to lose attention span...Galcon is also one of the most perfect portable games for this reason as well...it's all about the short rounds.

Even before multiplayer was added, I enjoyed it enough to justify my $10 purchase. Now, it's impossible to resist. Fun, and you think on your feet constantly.