Gah! Assistance (if at all possible)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by spoonforknife, May 19, 2008.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved the problem by trying to restore (and having it eventually work) then jailbreaking again after putting music on, adding contacts, using the iPod, etc... Thanks planetbeing!

I have downloaded iLiberty+, ZiPhone, and Pwnage Tool on my mac.
    When trying to use Pwnage Tool, I'll click "BROWSE .IPSW" and once I found the Firmware I wanted (1.1.4) downloaded officially from Apple. Once selected, Pwnage Tool did not recognize the firmware.

When trying to use iLiberty+, I pressed Jailbreak, and after going into Recovery Mode it goes to "Preparing Jailbreak...". It stays like this forever and I know it's not supposed to take this long. So I exit Recovery Mode with iLiberty+ and move on.

Reluctantly, I go to ZiPhone 3.0, which I have heard is horrible. So I click Jailbreak iPod touch in ZiPhone, and finally after a few seconds, my iPod goes through the processes and finishes the jailbreak.

Here's where it gets ugly.

After jailbreaking once before and having a plethora of Installer issues (Installer disappeared, Installer cannot be executed, Installer crashes after Downloading a Package, Installer freezes, Installer...), I restored and jailbroke again with ZiPhone seeing as the others did not work.

After updating Installer.app, I try to go to the Install tab only to find that the screen is entirely unresponsive and have to force to reboot where it does the same thing moments later. So I decide to restore and jailbreak again. I do this once again with ZiPhone which... gives me the same issue.

I haven't seen anything like this issue, so if anybody has any help, that'd be wonderful.

Now when I try to restore I get error 2001 in iTunes.
  2. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Glad you fixed your problem. How ya liking your ipod touch. im happy to hear ypu finally got one. Have fun with it.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice on getting it!
    Way to not tell anyone

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or did i miss the thread?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

It was all over the lounge thread, my profile/user comments, and a few things. I didn't want to make a thread as some people were getting pissed at me for simply posting a picture of it in the lounge thread. I'm actually on my iPod now, and Im doing a VM4 installation video on Wednesday and helping a kid at my school jailbreak his. Thanks for everybody's support and I guess a moderator can close this thread now.