GadgetShieldz Or Bestskinsever ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wife-i, Mar 24, 2009.

1. wife-i

wife-i New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got my Ipod Touch 2G a few weeks back and its Shiny back has 'Scratch me' written all over it. After a bit of googling and searching ITF, came across 2 options for scratch protection as per my liking : Gadgetshieldz and Bestskinsever. Any experiences with or reviews of GadgetShieldz as @6.99/Skin that is working out the cheapest with free shipping (bestskins is 7.99 and is charging 2.5$ shipping to my country) ?

Pls advise asap as I have restricted the handling of my new Ipod baby to a minimal until I put one of these.Talk about being touchy..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. meteorite

meteorite New Member

Go for whatever works out cheaper (although I hv personally used BSE always). BTW I checked Gadgetshieldz link. Seems like the same stuff as others (I guess that from the film on the screwdriver pic..huh) but BSE doesn't provide any solution and so is the case with GadgetShieldz from what I saw in the link although its insanely cheap at $6.99. If you need the application solution, go for BodyGuardz (25$). And thanks for the Gadgetshieldz link. Do post a review if you go for Gadgetshieldz skins.
  3. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

I bought a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD off of ebay for like 18 bucks.. came with front and back skins and I <love> it =P
  4. Sp3aK

Sp3aK New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know you are asking about two specific brands but I too have to go slightly off topic and say that my Zagg Industries invisishield is great. I put it on within a couple of days because I was really worried about scratching it up. I haven't purposefully tried scrapping it with a key like they do on their website but I trust it to protect

I'm not very active with my (in/out of my pocket and in/out of the car), but it's great.

FYI after putting mine on I did have quite a bit of trouble getting it back into the plastic case I had for it. Either way, get a shield sooner rather than later, and make sure it's super clean before you install it.
  5. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Isn't the ipod screen already scratch resistant enough? I'm pretty sure my screen is entirely scratch free, and I haven't been particularly careful with it. It's been in my pocket with keys, wallet, cell phone, knife, etc.
  6. Jam...

Jam... New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    uniqueskins.com = AWESOME!!!
  7. wife-i

wife-i New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thnx for all the inputs..I hv already ordered GadgetShieldz and also try to grab a leftover bestskins from one of my friends and see which one of them has got more coverage. I am more worried about the back rather than the front.

Not going with the other options since they are costing me 25$ (just for the additional soap solution)

Will try to find some time to post a review.
  8. msgkar03

msgkar03 New Member

It is scratch "resistant" but its not scrach "proof". Many people have had there screens scratched. For example.. just a few threads below this one.. someone had theirs scratched by just having it in their pocket.

Check out http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163808 for just one example.