G-mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rhonlynn, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

I just bought an Ipod Touch today, (now im wondering why I bought a entbook,the Ipod touch, can pretty much do the same thing..anyway), I got my hotmail to work jsut ifne,but when it tries to connect and grab my gmail, it says it cannot connect to gmail.
    I use my gmail often, as much, or more than I use my hot mail. can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

--Rhonda
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

3. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you choose gmail from the list or did you choose other and enter the specifics in?
  4. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

Gmail

I chose it from the list. In my blackberry, I did not chose it,I typed in what I needed to type, rather than chose it. --Rhonda

------------------double post merged------------------
    I did exactly what the llink from the above post says to do, it is saying, "the connection to the server imap.gmail.com failed.
  5. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe gmail is down. but you should create another gmail account and try that if it works then it is your account that is "bad".
    also did you try logging into gmail from your comp?did it work?
  6. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

gmail

I'm on my gmail account right now. I'm working right now, infact. When I am done,I'm going to try to redo the setting from the link on this forum,and see if it might work now. --Rhonda

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    When you click Gmail from the list, it sets it up as Imap, and there is a setting in gmail where you have to enable Imap. Check that.
  8. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

Imap, gmail

Right there under settings, yep, it was disabled.I'll get back with you on if it works.I bet that's it. Thankyou--Rhonda
    Still getting server failed.I am on my gmail right now.Maybe I need to get off my gmail,and try it.I can always make a new one.
  9. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    imap connection failed means it cnt connect to the imap server, either ur end or thers. do you have internet?
  10. Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn New Member

Sure,I have Comcast., and it is up 24/7. I have wirless,and we have X-box live 360, and I work from home with a laptop. I also have a netbook that is wireless,and my son has a laptop, too. Everything works, and the Ipod Touch is online,as well, infact, I used it for my work earlier. I audit medical charts from home.
    I made a new gmail. and it works like a charm, thanks so much for everyone's help!
    (livecreatewin@gmail.com)