FYI! In exactly 1 Month The real "JB" comes out from Dev's and then it starts AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by sangesf, Jan 29, 2008.

1. sangesf

sangesf New Member

From Skyler's post in the Jailbreak Forum

1.1.3 Soft Upgrade timeline:
    Nate True released his version of the jailbreak. He released it too early and full of bugs.

The Dev Team responded by realeasing their WORKING jailbreak..
    Unfortunately, they uploaded the wrong one. They fixed it about an hour after posting their first upgrade.

Within an hour or so after that, ipodtouchmaster and I each had a repository source set up to facilitate the Soft Upgrading procedure.
    ipodtouchmaster's was the wrong version. He fixed it as soon as he realised.

Now, the Dev Team has reeased this soft upgrade app that runs on the iPhone/iPod. It is the newest and the best version so far.

Later on tinight, this new App will appearin Installer.

One month from today, the JailBreak will be releaed for 1.1.3, rendering ALL of what we are doing obsolete.
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ummm, isn't the one we are doing the official. Also If you are using past info they released the JB early.
  3. xxDriveNxx

xxDriveNxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That will be the one supporting the SDK. It's been known for awhile.
  4. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ill be keeping my 1.1.1 till then...hopefully it will be a easy jailbreak with no problems
  5. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not exactly. Considering I ran the 1.1.2 JB for all of 25 days, if I can get 30 days out of this one I will beat my old record

Please Register or Log in to view images

All these workarounds and fixes will eventually go away as everything is updated to work with 1.1.3 as well. The only obsolete thing will be all the various ways people have repackaged the Dev Team stuff. Which is ok too, as long as everyone is learning and enjoying themselves

Please Register or Log in to view images

It takes about 15 minutes to restore to 1.1.1, JB, and then do the 1.1.2 JB... and then you're ready for whatever 1.1.3 JB you need to do.
  6. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    dude, do you know how long a month is? and its not going to be that big of a deal then because all the stuff going on now will have been sorted out. you must be drunk. lol
  7. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

How sure are you that it is EXACTLY one month away from today?...
  8. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Idk, but Skylar seems pretty sure about it.