FYI Canada

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by invisz, Jun 10, 2008.

1. invisz

invisz New Member

Start Date: June 9, 2008

End Date: December 31, 2008

Regions: National

Reference # NDP 2008-06-11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogers and Apple to Launch 3G iPhone on July 11
    Rogers Wireless has today issued following information in a news release:

Rogers Wireless and Apple today announced that the next generation 3G iPhone will be available in Canada on July 11. iPhone combines three products into one small, lightweight device – a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod, and it puts the Internet in your pocket with the best email, web browsing, search and Maps applications ever on a mobile phone.

iPhone will operate on Rogers’ High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) network – the fastest mobile network in Canada . Outside Rogers ’ coast-to-coast HSPA footprint, the device will operate on GSM/EDGE – the country’s most reliable wireless network.

Starting July 11, iPhone 3G will sell for $199 for the 8Gb model and $299 for the 16Gb model, on a three-year plan. More details on price plans and retail availability will be available soon.

This is the only available information at this time.

Please do not speculate on the retail availability or events related to the launch, or any related information. For all questions, refer customers directly to Rogers Communications - Wireless, Digital Cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, Home Phone for the only information available.

Please do not respond to any media enquiries. For all media enquiries, refer them directly to Elizabeth Hamilton, Corporate Communications, Elizabeth.Hamilton@rci.rogers.com.

Please do not call DIG or Customer Care with questions related to this news release. There is no additional information available at this time and these calls will only result in reduced service levels to our customers.

Published: June 10, 2008
    Source: Rogers Sales Bulletin / Sales Central portal

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I saw this earlier, I'm so happy

3. lordkokkei

lordkokkei New Member

how much do you pay if you want the phone without a contract? or can I upgrade my current contract to the iPhone one?
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hasn't been announced yet.
  5. batman27

batman27 Banned

You can't buy it without a contract (3-year minimum), i know it sucks right!!!
  6. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They're releasing them on FIDO too