iOS 4.1 Fuzzyband and 4.1(unlock/downgrade)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xanmato, Sep 24, 2010.

1. xanmato

xanmato New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    when i used sn0wbreeze i didnt realise that it created a new .ipsw so i used the offical 4.1 to upgrade, my fault. Wanted to know if there was a way i could downgrade my baseband to an unlockable version using Fuzzyband or some other program. (i have shsh blobs so i can downgrade ios) Or if the redsnow unlock works with the new baseband f.w
  2. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Fuzzyband can just downgrade a iphone3G with a 5.8 bootloader or was it 5.6 ? >.< not 100% sure thats how it is.
  3. Hexum

Hexum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Fuzzyband currently doesn't support the latest baseband in 4.1, but if you have bootloader 5.08 then you can do this:

If you can't wait for Fuzzyband 4.1 in cydia ... this is how I did:

1) I downgrade the phone to ios4 and jailbreak with redsnow. (lucky that I saved the SHSH with firmware umbrella but I think you can use 3.1.x if you don't have SHSH or maybe just test it on 4.1) ... Then I update cydia through wifi and after that download fuzzyband 4.0~b4 (which is in cydia)
    2) I use ifunbox and transfer ICE2-05.14.02.cert file (plz unzip 1st) into raw file system > Applications > Fuzzyband.app folder
    3) NOW, this is where it gets tricky .... When using Fuzzyband, I have to try several times to downgrade ... if I get 'I Haz Downgrade' within 10 sec then it is not really success. If this happen, I will still see 5.14.02 in fuzzyband ... Have to try again slowly ... It took me about 15-18 tries (or less if you're lucky) before finally succeeded. The waiting cursor should be rotating about 2-3 minutes before getting 'I haz downgrade' prompt ... after this ... Fuzzyband should show baseband 04.26.08.

btw, I didn't remove the SIM card during the process if it makes any difference.

Now the phone is back to 4.26.08 .. I can finish up the restore process, and unlock using ultrasnow (and return back the phone to my friend) yeeeehaaaaa!

Attached you will find the cert ... wish u all the best!

ps: I am not responsible if you fail to downgrade even if you follow my steps ... like I said .. it will take a lot of patience ... maybe waiting 1 or 2 minute before reloading fuzzyband and retrying might help.

EDIT : Please take note that downgrading baseband is ONLY POSSIBLE if your device have Bootloader 5.08. If your device BL is higher eg. 5.09, 6.02, 6.04 ... sorry ... forget about downgrading baseband and wait for 5.14.02 baseband unlock via ultrasnow.

EDIT 2 : confirm working on ios4.1 as long as you have BL5.08. No need to downgrade ios firmware!

Credit goes to aze2learn.

I used Fuzzyband 4.0 on the official 4.1 fw and it worked the first time.
  4. PentaMedia

PentaMedia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Worked flawlessly

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for the info !
  5. awaqas

awaqas New Member

I cant see attachment. Can you please reattach..

Thanks in Advance.
  6. yousifelidrissi

yousifelidrissi New Member

i have iphone 3gs 16g. its locked in 4.1 -15.4.02
    how can unlocked it
  7. maximreality

maximreality New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mods i beg you close this damn thread