iOS 4.1 Future of Jailbreaks and an understanding

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by squirrelman1000, Oct 7, 2010.

1. squirrelman1000

squirrelman1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So if I can state this I think this is how Jailbreaks will continue on from here on out with ipods/iphones up to 4th gen (including ipad and tv)

All iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, and iTV, have either a "pwnd4life" (earlier models) and "tetherd4life" (newer models). I hope if this continues on, iPhone Dev Team will update tools to JB the iDevice, but we will have to rely on Comex for the untethered code to be injected into tools. If this is true I hope we dont have to use 2 different programs from now on to JB and untethered our iDevices like Spirit and Star, we wont have to download 2 different tools if everything gets incorporated into RedSn0w.

side note: with Sunday being the day all iOS devices will JB on 4.1, the 4G devices are still not "pwnd4life" they are "tetherd4life" like the 3G devices (MC 8gb included) didnt Chronic Dev Team say they would be "pwnd4life"? unless pwnd4life= tethred4life + comex's userland unthered
  2. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    wrong. the 4th gen models will be pwned4life with greenpois0n
  3. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3GS late bootrom both are niether untethered or tethered bootrom jailbroken.
  4. JKJones

JKJones Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    tethered4life was a joke they are pwned4life tethered means you have to plug it into a computer to turn it on. this has nothing to do with the jailbreak being userland or bootrom it is bootrom
  5. t.ara

t.ara Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't understand...Isn't the 3GS IPHONE IOS 4.1 can't be jailbroken with green p0ison?
  6. veccro

veccro New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what about the 3rd gen ipod, will they be pwned4life ?
  7. firepelt

firepelt Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Greenpois0n is only for 4th generation (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4g, iPad, Apple TV 2g)
  8. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    only devices with A4 processors, the exploit was found in the ROM of the processor, since older processors do not have this processor, they do not have this exploit.
  9. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought that SHAttered wroked with ALL devices with the MC bootrom? So that includes touch 2g MC, 3GS new bootrom, etc.

Or is it that it works with it but the greenpois0n tool will only work with the recent devices?
  10. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    I also remember reading that this was a processor A4 exploit, a few weeks ago, i though that it meant only 4th gen devices but since the devs never said anything I figured that I missed some information, this is nothing new. Its something you missed.