Future of Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by andrew!, Mar 20, 2009.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i know iPod touch 2G can be jailbroken forever now, but when 3.0 comes out and when I purchase it, will I be able to jailbreak it without needing to use the pre-jailbreak with QuickFreedom and Libusb? I know 3.0 is compatible with QuickFreedom but when it comes out will untethered iPod owners only need to create the custom firmware or will we need to install Libusb and use the pre-jailbreak?
    If you can understand what I mean, help will be appreciated.
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We know that we can jailbreak it. We just don't know the steps yet. So the answer to your question is no for now.
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm kinda a n00b to the technical stuff, so help me out xD

I thought the exploit was hardware based so Apple can't patch it. So how come we have to go through the exploit searching all over again?
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Because it's a new Firmware so I guess they have to find an exploit in the firmware itself... I'm not sure, since I don't know much about Jailbreaking. Lol.
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the firmware is jailbreakable its just the patches need to be updated to support it, so no more searching for exploits.
  6. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No all we need now the the code to access the files (before you restore) so you can get read-write access and add Cydia. iPhone 3G yellowsn0w users also are able to presere the baseband once the code is found.
  7. KL4D4

KL4D4 New Member

We need mobile safari!
  8. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No no no, the future firmwares are guaranteed to be jailbroken. But my question is (and this is to anyone who used quickfreedom) will we need to use Libusb and the Prejailbreak that is in quickfreedom. another way of asking: can we just use the create firmware and then restore to that? i would hate to have to reinstall libusb for 3.0 jailbreak...
  9. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple can't fix the exploit and have a working iPod. But you probably will have to recreate a FW, unless you know something about flashing the NOR, which I doubt very highly that anyone knows how to do.
  10. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That answers like half of the question, will the prejailbreak + libusb be necessary for untethered iPods? hahah thanks for the first half though!