Future iPod Touch Owner Needs Help... :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tahiti1028, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Tahiti1028

Tahiti1028 New Member

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a 16GB iPod Touch. This would be my primary iPod (I also have a 30GB 5th Gen. Video) as well as mobile web-browser, and e-mail device. Obviously, it would get a pretty good amount of use. I have a few questions before I make a purchase and final decision...

1) are there any plans to drop the price of the iPod Touch because of the iPhone 3G's low price? If it is going to be ~$50, then I'll just buy one now.

2) are the WiFi speeds comparable to those of the iPhone? What about e-mail sending/receiving speeds?

3) I have seen some iPhones with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM); is this possible with the iPod Touch? If not, is there a service like iChat available? While this is not a necessity, it might be nice to have in a pinch.

4) What is a good case and screen protector? I do not want a hard shell-like case, but rather something soft and easy to grip.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tahiti
  2. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Glad to hear someone else is coming =).

1) I don't think so. Talks are going around how this will not happen at all. 90% sure no prices are going to go down...although I think they should.

2) Depends on the WiFi you use. If I used my iPhone and you used your iPod Touch on the same WiFi...we would have the same exact speeds. No difference.

3) Yes..very very possible. There are many applications and then there is always Meebo. I use MobileChat, which is very good.

4) I don't have an iPod Touch, but my sister does. She uses the "incase" or w/e its called. She loves it. The regular skins you get from eBay for 1-2 dollars are perfect. Don't buy that mirror crap, I bought it and it sucked.

-numb
  3. Tahiti1028

Tahiti1028 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I'll be purchasing my iPod Touch tomorrow morning.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    very nice =)...oh wait a minute..I really think you should wait until July 11th. That way you get 2.0 free..can someone back me up right?
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so its confrimed? july 11th? i dont know when its supposed to be coming out, but all i know is that the iphone is coming out that day
  6. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, you should def. wait till July, so you don't have to pay like the rest of us -_-
  7. rbsis

rbsis Member

I too will be buying one very soon. (This weekend)

I'm buying it at BestBuy, $279.99, and their policy is if the price goes down within 30 days they will deduct the difference and give you store credit.
  8. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    rbsis u dont get what we are saying..the price of the ipod touch itself will not be going town...but you will have to pay 9.95 for an upgrade to 2.0 for the AppStore. <-90% sure there is no way getting around this too. Why not wait 2 weeks and get that for free?
  9. Tahiti1028

Tahiti1028 New Member

I'm sorry if this comes across as pretentious, but I am not going to wait 2 weeks to save $10 on an update. $10 is a very nominal amount compared to the $400 I will be spending on the iPod itself.
  10. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow that was quick.

LOOk my friend All 100,000+ members I'm sure already like you.

Because you didn't buy a ZUNE!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOO!!!!

Anyway...

I myself welcome you to the world of iPod's you know the ones that you can touch!! LOL

and of course to the world of jailbreaking.