Future for apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jam14, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Jam14

Jam14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    So I know that apple is having a lot of success with iPods and iPhones. But they can't continue to make these things forever. I wonder what they will make after these products have come to the end of their road. What do you guys think? Also how many generations of iPhones they will make?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I honestly think they will stop at iPhone5.. By then, we should have a whole new way to handle a phone (Just thinking futuristic)

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

As much as technology changes, they will always be able to adapt and update their iPhones/iPods. As long as people use cellphones and mp3 players, iPhones and iPods will continue to be around.
  4. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I completely agree with you. Apple is going to have to come up with some more awesome stuff in the next couple of years. The iPhone is pretty much at its height. There probably will be a 5th Generation with extra RAM, better camera quality, etc. But I don't expect anything else to tell you the truth. The iPod Touch can go a few more generations. They will most likely add a camera, more RAM, maybe a built in mic, etc. I think that it will go up to the 6th or 7th generation. But as for the iPad, that thing has a long way to go. In my opinion, it will have all of the features of the iPhone 4. And that includes the cameras, RAM, Retina Display, etc. But Apple probably won't stop MAKING their products. They'll still make and sell computers and iDevices, but they probably won't have many newer generations. Who knows? We just have to wait and see.
  5. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    In a while apple might run out of materials/resources
  6. Jam14

Jam14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Or maybe they'll go bankrupt. Haha doubtful
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wasn't everyone's minds blown when the first touch screen phone/mp3 device released? And no one had suspected such a thing. I'm stoked to see something COMPLETELY new

Apple will never go bankrupt..
  8. Jam14

Jam14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I know they won't go bankrupt, it was a joke
  9. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Maybe they will figure out some kind of 3D screen... Who knows. If you saw the leaked picture of the really small Apple screen, it could be for a completely new product.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that they won't make new generations. If that were to happen, they might as well stop selling the product. Technology changes so fast. Their competitors will eventually be selling phones with 1.5GHz processors, 2gb ram (again, eventually). If they stopped iPhone updates at the 5th generation, they will be so behind that no one will even buy iPhones anymore. Like computers, you will always need higher specs to run the most current games; meaning, new video card, faster processor, more ram etc. Same goes for phones.