Future Apple Conferences?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by t3homni, Oct 13, 2007.

1. t3homni

t3homni New Member

Just wanted to know, when do Apple generally make their big announcements? I won't be able to get an iPod touch until next year so I want to time it so that I don't go buy one before some new model comes out like a week later.
  2. frost

frost New Member

Early september to mid october .
  3. t3homni

t3homni New Member

Is there a list of ALL of their conferences and when they'll happen? I mean it might not take as long as a year for the touch to be updated. Kind of like how iPhone's price dropped by $200 within a few months.

Somehow I think the low capacities for the touch are a trial to see if people want more. I heard that the iPhone only costs about $250 to make, so they're making huge profits and can easily afford to shave off a bit of the price and or add more storage.

I'm so paranoid about Apple since I bought my nano for the video to come out the next month.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It used to be the case that Apple made announcements at MacWorld in early January and the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June/July. However, in the last few years, they've moved towards "special events" which they schedule whenever they want to make announcements. So, unfortunately, there's no set schedule.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

The next big conference would be MWSF (MacWorld San Francisco) which is usually during the second week of january.
  6. frost

frost New Member

Next update , should be in late jan early feb 2008 .
  7. t3homni

t3homni New Member

I don't think they'll be releasing anything new, just updating next year so hopefully there'll be something at Macworld.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Here are my predictions for macworld:

-iTunes 8.0
    -Update to Wifi iTunes Store adding Movies, Podcasts, TV shows, Games, and Apps.
    -Downloadable apps for the iPod touch and iPhone (downloadable through iTunes Wifi Store)
    -Games for touch and iPhone

Feel free to add anything or post your list. This is just my guess.
  9. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

The capacity are NOT low for flash memory, in fact the ipod's 16gb is still tied with other mp3 players as the HIGHEST amount of memory on a flash player
  10. t3homni

t3homni New Member

For flash memory its high, but I don't think your Average Joe will be able to distinguish between flash memory and a harddrive and will see the low capacity compared to the 80/160gb classic and might be put off.

About games for the touch, would it be possible to emulate a 5G iPod on the touch with a virtual clickwheel? Then people with the 5G games wouldn't need to buy anything new. ;D