Fun browser tricks/hacks kind of stuff

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Bajingo Lingo, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've come across these two little browser 'tricks/hacks' or whatever you would call them, that may appeal to those easily amused individuals

Please Register or Log in to view images

Both codes are to be copied and pasted into the address bar, and then the fun begins.

This one,

Code:
    javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300;y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img");DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style;DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px";DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',5);void(O)
    Causes all images/icons on the current webpage to move around in a spiral formation, and the speed/position of these images can be changed if you play around with the numbers in the code.

This one is incredibly useful to mischievous individuals,

javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0

It puts any webpage into edit mode, and allows you to edit text and images, although it will only take effect on your computer, and when you refresh the page everything will return to normal, fun for fooling gullable individuals, although be sure to use this responsibly and dont be a pest

Enjoy both codes, and if you know of any more dont hesitate to add them to this thread

2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This:

javascript:/*The%20Autoscroll%20Bookmarket:Tim%20Harper:http://tim.theenchanter.com*/var _ss_interval_pointer;_ss_speed=1;_ss_speed_pairs=[[0,0],[1,200.0],[1,120.0],[1,72.0],[1,43.2],[1,25.9],[2,31.0],[4,37.2],[8,44.8],[8,26.4],[16,32.0]];_ss_last_onkeypress%20=%20document.onkeypress;_ss_stop=function(){clearTimeout(_ss_interval_pointer)};_ss_start=function(){_ss_abs_speed=Math.abs(_ss_speed);_ss_direction=_ss_speed/_ss_abs_speed;_ss_speed_pair=_ss_speed_pairs[_ss_abs_speed];_ss_interval_pointer=setInterval(%27scrollBy(0,%27+_ss_direction*_ss_speed_pair[0]+%27);%20if((pageYOffset%3c=1)||(pageYOffset==document.height-innerHeight))%20_ss_speed=0;%27,_ss_speed_pair[1]);};_ss_adj=function(q){_ss_speed+=q;if(Math.abs(_ss_speed)%3e=_ss_speed_pairs.length)_ss_speed=(_ss_speed_pairs.length-1)*(_ss_speed/Math.abs(_ss_speed))};_ss_quit=function(){_ss_stop();document.onkeypress=_ss_last_onkeypress;};document.onkeypress=function(e){if((e.charCode==113)||(e.keyCode==27)){_ss_quit();return;};if(e.charCode%3e=48&&e.charCode%3c=57)_ss_speed=e.charCode-48;else%20switch(e.charCode){case%2095:_ss_adj(-2);case%2045:_ss_adj(-1);break;case%2043:_ss_adj(2);case%2061:_ss_adj(1);break;};_ss_stop();_ss_start();};_ss_stop();_ss_start();

Auto scrolling, it works in safari, haven't tried any others...

everyone knows the editing one, but i still dont get the other one... :/

I think it has to be a bookmark by the way...
  3. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure why the image spiraling one doesnt work when I put it in the post, it works fine from notepad but it doesnt work from the post

4. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Put it in [CODE][/CODE] tags
  5. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you Tommm, that fixed it

6. Bazinga

Bazinga Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  7. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    That spiral one hurt my brain ):
  8. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think the spiral one only works in windows... ?

I'm currently in my bootcamp (7) and it's working on safari

9. Bazinga

Bazinga Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nah. Spiral one works on all of course. Depends on the browser, I believe.
  10. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hell, spiral works on my iPod, so...