Fun at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soccerstud92, May 6, 2008.

1. soccerstud92

soccerstud92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did the best prank on the guys at Best Buy. I live in the Fort Worth area and there, Best Buy has started a little Apple Section and had mac on display. I have an iMac. Me and my bro went there to check out the Mac book air...when we get there, im sad but not surprised to see that i know like 10 times more then the people there who act like they do...I had my iPod Touch with me and was struck with a great idea...I open up System Prefs when they werent hovering over me trying to acgt like they know somthing. I was disapointed to find they had a password so i couldn't set up VNC...no problem. I went on the internet and downloaded Vine Server...they don't know what hit them..at firt i used VNsea and walked aound the store messing with the macs. but got bored because i couldnt see wat they wer doing so i closed VNsea and opened touchpad. So there i was, with my iPod in my pocket controlling thre mac while they wer trying to show some people some features...one of the guys was trying to show some people some things on th air...and wen he was scrolling one, i scrolled the other way. he thot the air was broken so moved to the mac book pro...i switched servers and was battling him again. they started to catch on wen i opened word and started talking to people, i had to go so i pulled out my ipod and made it obvious i was doing it. the customers started laughing but the guy was pissed! at first, he just stud ther trying to figure out wat was going, so i started to walk off and then he started screaming load enough for the whole store to hear,
    i didnt stay long enough for him to react...
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

hahaah nice!!!.... i honestly am thinking of doing something like that soon....
  3. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol ha ha hah ha good one! i hope its true cuz so many liars
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Always fun. I also enjoy changing the passwords on Windows computers (netuser etc.) and setting up large multicomputer displays to show one word each of "You'll never shut down the real Napster." (as the screensaver).
  5. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol, I showed my friend how to open command prompt on computers that have it locked using a batch file (just write "command.com") and he started editing the registry (nothing important, I hope....) at office max and got kicked out, the guy who worked there had no idea how he did it.
  6. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i like to turn the rotation to 270 and then tilt the monitor so people walk by and stare at it wondering what happened, i also do this in school when we go to a computer lab
  7. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    haha, that sounds like fun.
  8. steeped

steeped New Member

I like to take a bat and smash their monitors.

Too much?
  9. axe5666

axe5666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Could alway blow the place up!

Please Register or Log in to view images

No, im not a terrorist...
  10. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is the best tricks that I pulled on a trick to my friend with a new MacBook pro.
    1) Use an Apple remote from my iMac to make it "randomly" access Front Row.
    2) Set up VNC and then with touchpad (on the keyboard) type the shortcut: Control > Option > Command > 8. Watch their screen invert. This is especially good to do when he hits a key. Say, when he doubleclicks his mouse the screen inverts!
    3) Complain that his computer is really slow. Hold down SHIFT as you use Spaces, Expose, Hide all windows (F11 on my iMac) or just when minimizing a window. It will go in slow motion. This is a neat trick that was never removed from OS X when Steve Jobs used it to demonstrate the graphics of the OS when he introduced it.
    4) Tell him to do the shortcut: Shift > Option > Command > Eject . Run away as his computer shuts down without saving anything or asking him "Are you Sure?" first.

Please Register or Log in to view images