Full Ipod jaibreak back up

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Bonez, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Bonez

Bonez Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I wanted to know if there was a way that I can take all the music off my jailbroken ipod and store it on a flash drive and then reset my ipod and then reput everything back on there. The reason y I ask was because for some reason my ipod has doubled my album art and it also took my Bone Thugs N Harmony and added it again under various artist. Someone please help me out
  2. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    you might be able to ssh and pull out audio files

i've never done this before, but i believe they can be found at

/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control

otherwise you might have to search google for some freeware that takes audio off an ipod and puts it onto your computer
  3. Bonez

Bonez Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    aite Ill try to look and see what happens does anyone else know if its another way of doing this
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

no offence, but thats totally wrong
    get Sharepod
    http://www.getsharepod.com/
  5. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    actually using iFunBox it works. so bamf.
  6. Voices

Voices New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I extracted all my music from my iPod because I was switching laptops, but I don't remeber where the audio is stored. All I remember was they were split into 6 or 7 folders, named F01, F02, etc. and I just copied all of the 6 folders to my PC put them all in a single folder and added the folder to iTunes. I'll edit if I find the folder.

EDIT: it's here:
    /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music

but all your music files are named as 4 random capital letters (i.e. 'KHNF.mp3') so you don't really know which is which unless you listen to it, but good thing the song info is saved with it so when you put it in iTunes, it will have the Song and Artist name, etc