FULL guide to SHH and STFP!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lc1992, Jan 13, 2008.

1. lc1992

lc1992 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looking for experienced members to create a VERY much needed guide on SSH.

I'm pretty sure that there isnt a full guide to SHH or STFP out there, so I'm requesting (and I bet Im not the only one) for someone to make a full and complete guide to SSH, STFP, WinSCP/CuteFTP/etc., Squid/MobileFinder/iShare, etc. including what they all mean and how to use them.

I came onto ipodtouchfans winging it and just fooling around with SSH, but Im still VERY unsure on what it is and how to use all these programs effectively. Most things using a jailbreaked iPod touch involve using an external file source program (I dont know know if you can download files directly from Safari to your iPod) at one point or another, and it would be GREAT for someone to make a full tutuorial on this.

I know that Steven has a good guide to the WinSCP program, so maybe he could collaborate with a few other people to make this awsome guide. Bumps on this thread would be apprectiated.

~Lucas
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Check my sig, also it's stickied.
  3. lc1992

lc1992 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive followed your picture guide to WinSCP, and it is VERY useful, but the problem is that I dont know EXACTLY how to use it or what any of the terminology (SSH, SFTP, etc) means. In order to create themes, icons, and apps, I have to have at least a basic knowledge of all these things. For example, one of THE BIGGEST questions I have is if I can get Safari to download files into my iPot and them put them on as an app with something like MobileFinder. The point of my hypothetical guide is to minimize these questions so we have a directory to go to if we forget how to do something or what something means.