Full Brick?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madrigal77, Jul 24, 2008.

1. madrigal77

madrigal77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Long story short, I was trying to re-jailbreak my 1.1.4 using winpwn after restoring it with iTunes. I clicked the iPwner button and I think I accidentally pointed it to the original 1.1.4 FW (in fact, I know I did). Some text came up on the iPod, then it said it would re-boot and then shut off. After it shut off, I can't get it back on again. Power button does nothing, home button does nothing. I tried to put it in DFU by holding the power and home together several times (up to several minutes). All got me nothing. iTunes is not picking it up at all and neither are any Jailbreaking apps such as winpwn, ilibery, and ibrickr.

Is there any way to fix this, or am I screwed? I know it has the 1 year warranty, so I assume I can take it back to Future Shop, show them it won't turn on, and exchange it. The thing is I would like to keep this one though as it has "Best Skins Ever" installed and I'd hate to lose that investment.
  2. quiklino

quiklino New Member

exacly the same here!! need help!!!!
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Let the battery run down, then plug it in, and try to hold the home and sleep buttons together until you get a restore screen.
  4. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    S**T!
    I'm getting even more scared of Pwnage now...

Probably you went through all of this, but:
    • Is it charged?
    • Did you try the DFU mode with holding Home and Power for EXACTLY 10 seconds, then continuing to hold Home?

BTW: I don't know Winpwn, but SHOULDN'T you use the ORIGINAL 1.1.4 and let Winpwn patch it and make the iPwner ramdisk?

Don't think this post was real helpful, but I hope you get your iPod unbricked...
  5. brisingr

brisingr New Member

Did you use the iPhone firmware??????!?!?!?!?!!!!!?
  6. Jezzacorrea

Jezzacorrea New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Um, maybe just hold the home button for as long as you can... (well, not that long, maybe 5 seconds) and then put the USB end into your ipod. iTunes should pop-up. Good Luck!
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmmm, slightly off topic, i have an ipod firmware 1.1.4,i load it into winpwn 2.0 and it tells me its an iphone firmware, however i know its an ipod firmware as i restored with it before. Is this just a bug with the new winpwn or is actualy an iphone firmware
  8. madrigal77

madrigal77 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried all that. Still nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thanks for trying to help, but it looks like I'll be exchanging it tomorrow.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No other suggestions?