FTP Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by quiksilver, Feb 5, 2008.

1. quiksilver

quiksilver New Member

can anyone help please. for some reason my computer seems to have taken the ip address of the ipod. i now can't ftp to the ipod, i just get am connection error message. i have tried changing the ip address of the pc, but then it wont connect to the internet. any body any ideas. ie can i change the address of the ipod?
  2. tootricky

tootricky New Member

go into settings > wi-fi > whatever network you are on (blue arrow) and you will see the ipods ip address.
  3. quiksilver

quiksilver New Member

thanks for that, i'll try looking next time?
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Most routers apply an IP address dynamically, that is every time you turn on your computer the router will give it a different IP address, and likewise your IPOD. So just because you turned on your ipod and it happened to be 192.168.0.101 does not mean today it will be the same, it may be 192.168.01.112 or whatever else the router fancies. You can change this in the router settings, giving each device a static address.
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    or you can turn both devices off. Power off your router, power it back on. THen turn the divices on one at a time. They will each have new, different IP's
  6. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can't have the same IP for two different devices on the same network. Just check your iPod's IP I'm sure it has changed