iOS 4.0 Frustration on the iOS4 features for iPod Touch 3G 8B

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nickmadkiller, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Right now I have the iPod Touch 3G 8GB "or as it really is a 2G and not 3G...".I am currently still at the 3.1.3 firmware mainly because I am waiting for a jailbreak to upgrade to and then upgrade to the iOS4 (like limera1n).

Now today I was going to upgrade without a jailbreak for the iOS4 but I started doing some research on the 3rd gen iTouch 8GB not having some of the iOS4 features as "they as in apple" said it would have,I'm starting to reconsider updating my firmware...

From my understanding it was supposed to have multitasking,screen orientation,and the backgrounds with some other cool features which you can get...But for some of the features like multitasking and the screen orientation that won't be on my iTouch 3G 8GB device which it really upsets me and really is sad for apple to do that to the "so called" 3G device...

Now my iPod is currently jailbroken with Spirit and I have winterboard on it so I'm not angry over the fact that I can't put backgrounds without having limera1n or some other jailbreak installed onto my iDevice.

So mainly my focus here is what can I expect from Cydia in the future.

For everybody that has a 2G or "a so called 3G iPod Touch"I'm wondering if somebody will create some Cydia tweaks that will unlock the multitasking,screen orientation,and other things like that too work.

For me it's very upsetting.I have a family member with a iPhone 3GS and he can get the features but WHY can't I when I have the latest iPod Touch....(I do have the MC model) and still apple has to disappoint me in some way.

Mainly I just want to see some tweaks in Cydia that will allow people like me with the iDevices that can't get some of those features to see in soon in Cydia

Whether it will happen I don't know.

One thing that is always possible though is that in the future apple may come out with an updated iOS4 firmware like 4.0.1,4.0.2 and then let us multitask and all of that other stuff that we can't get at this time right now on the devices.

Certainly though that is most likely not going to happen...also the iPod Touch 4 will most likely not be released till around October or November.Heck possibly September but I seriously doubt it.

So I won't be upgrading any time soon.

For certainty Apple sure knows how to frustrate every customer they have.

To add.:

See if some beta testing would be done for the iPod Touch 3G 8GB and confirm that it runs BAD on it then I'll be convinced that it was necessary to not do it.So far there is no evidence that it can't support multitasking and all of that other stuff.

I'm all for beta testing and results.I need evidence to confirm that it won't run well.To me apple makes great products.I just don't agree on every term they give a customer for a device they spent $185 brand new.
  2. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Why would a entry-level device get high end features?
    You know if you did get Multi-tasking you wouldn't have a battery for long, right?
    The only thing I find un-reasonable is backgrounds, but I am not going to rage about it.
    Next time don't buy an entry level device and do research.
  3. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    How would the battery life be slowed down that fast?I realize it will mostly likely take it down 10%.I know this because if you max out the brightness it will run the battery down more.I'm mainly upset that we don't get the features.Not if the battery dies like 30 mins faster than it's original settings on the 3.1.3 firmware.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Apple didn't do anything wrong. They never deceived you or lied to you. They don't even name their devices by generation. They name their devices after the year that it's released. In our case, 3G models, as we call it, are actually called Late 2009 models. So, if anything, you should be mad at yourself. You should've done research, you should've looked into the $200-300 product that you were about to buy. It's not Apple's fault at all. And even if this were the case, where they deceived us and lied to us about 2G/3G 8gb model, I'm not frustrated. I have the 3G 64gb with all the iOS 4 features so I'm not angry at all.
  5. JacobVengeance

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    When you milti-task and put several apps into it some being games, social, ect. Your battery will die fast. I thank Apple for not including multi-tasking. Backgrounds is the only one that should've been included.
  6. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yeah but at the same time those apps will be paused and at the same time the 32 or 64 iPod Touches are made of the same parts and mechanics (battery).The only huge difference between them is that they have a bigger disk space.

Battery won't be affected in a huge decrease on a 8GB 3G iTouch.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Nope, they have double the RAM, faster processor, they support better graphics etc.
  8. JacobVengeance

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    False.
    32 and 64GB have different, better hardware.
  9. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    At the same time though the hardware isn't a 50% increase considered to the 8GB 3G iTouch.

At the same time even though it does have better hardware it won't be but maybe 15-25% better than it's little cousin.
  10. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It doesn't really matter man. If Apple makes the product and didn't include the extras in the FW update they did it for a reason. Not to smite you for not paying $100+. It means it's not supposed to run these extras because they believe they're hardware isn't sufficient.