iOS 3.1 frozen Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dieks, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Dieks

Dieks New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have a 16 GB 1st gen Touch. I upgraded to the new 3.1.1 software. While listening to some tunes tonight it froze. It went to the "home" screen and nothing would move or activate. Tried the proceedure for reboot and nothing would work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

After I connected it to iTunes and did some fiddling it seems to be working again. Two questions:

1. anyone else have the problem?

2. if I take the touch on vacation and it freezes am I out of luck until I get back home?

(Why, o why, did I upgrade?)

Thanks.

Mike
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. No
    2. If you don't have access to a computer, then yes.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Rebooting the iPod didn't work? Hmm, that's odd. It usually fixes the problem.

If it freezes while you're on vacation, then you'd probably be out of luck.
  4. Dieks

Dieks New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I helt the power switch and home button in for more than the suggested 10 seconds and it would not reboot. I've never had the problem before.

Looks like I better take my trusty Palm T|X on vacation with me just in case.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Sickfee49

Sickfee49 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU mode and restore. Fixes EVERYTHING except cancer
  6. Sumea

Sumea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Shouldn't be THE SOLUTION to everything, not at least first.

TO OP:
    First, I did get freeze, I could force shutdown and boot what made it normal though.

It seems that 3.1.1 Is even less optimized as 3.0 was, as with slowdowns, and ultimate music+homescreen freeze.

Did you try to FORCE the device, as in power+home button pressed down?
  7. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Isn't home+power a Force reset?(hard reset)
  8. Sumea

Sumea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Indeed it is.

What I can say It would be the way to go with frozen iPod (even apple site says so)
  9. shanegtr

shanegtr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had the same problem with my 2g touch (acutally a replacement, my first one was replaced by apple for a similar, but different problem)

Mine is now currently stuck in restore mode - Every attempt at a restore now is coming up with an error so this one is also going back to apple. 3rd time lucky, lets see!

Mine was just resetting itself randomly and most often would then get stuck on the apple logo. Hard reset didnt work, restored it twice with success but it lasted all of about 1 or 2 days before the problem came back. As I've mentioned above the last efforts to restore it have completly failed, so back to apple it is. My first touch randomly turned itself off and I couldnt get it back on again until it was plugged into a charger?

I dont have a jailbroken touch (never have). I'd love to know why both my touches have done this, but the way I'm going I might be able to get a new touch a month out of apple - I brought it 3 months ago and this will be the third!!

I'm very dissapointed in the touch as I've got 3 friends with iphones that havent had a single issue
  10. Dieks

Dieks New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Now that I have it working again it seems to heat up really fast even if the screen is turned off and all I'm doing is listening to music. It never got hot before unless the screen was on and I was playing a game on it. This thing has been running great up until I upgraded to 3.1.1

BTW what's DFU mode?