Frozen on Apple Startup Screen During Jailbreak--Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Shloppy Joes, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shloppy Joes

Shloppy Joes New Member

I tried to to jailbreak my iPod touch just now using touchfree v. 0.6. I got to step 3 when and touchfree said something like "checking for fstab validity." This was right after step 2 when it asked to reboot the iPod. After the reboot, my iPod goes to the Apple startup screen, but it freezes there and goes no further. Touchfree hung on that part of step 3 for a long time, so I decided to exit it. Now my iPod will not go past the Apple startup screen. My computer won't even recognize when I have the iPod plugged in, and nothing happens when I try to do a hard restore by pressing the sleep and home buttons.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I'm freaking out here...!
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

hold down the hold button and home untill your ipod turns off then keep holding it untill it turns back on and you see the apple logo then once you see that let go of sleep/hold and keep pressing home that will cause your ipod to restore

it might take a few goes but rest assured ur ipod is savable lol
  3. Shloppy Joes

Shloppy Joes New Member

This thing really screwed it up somehow... I've tried numerous times to do the hard restore like that. I'll press the two buttons and after about the seconds the screen flashes off and then it immediately turns back on to the apple screen. After another 3 seconds or so, however, it shuts back off. If I let go of the sleep button when the apple screen comes back after the first three seconds, then the ipod just stays frozen on the apple screen. If I wait until after it shuts off the second time though, it doesn't turn back on. I've held the two buttons together for over two minutes straight--nothing comes back up.
  4. oasisweb

oasisweb New Member

Try hooking it up to the computer before you start the process.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, you HAVE TO hook your touch up to your computer with itunes open in order to do a hard reset.
  6. Shloppy Joes

Shloppy Joes New Member

Alright, I've finally gotten it to restore... However, whenever I attempt to jailbreak the ipod, it will always freeze on the apple logo after the first restart that you're prompted to do during the jailbreak. Does anyone know how to get past that? I've tried searching for forums for a solution but I haven't found one yet.
  7. koalacurioso

koalacurioso New Member

How have you restored you iPodTouch? It was the hook with you computer (and Itunes opened) the problem? I'm going to buy and jailbreak an iTouch and this is an useful information before do it. Thanks
  8. ggbrown

ggbrown New Member

Did you set Auto-Lock to "Never" under your Settings (General) ?
  9. Shloppy Joes

Shloppy Joes New Member

Ah, it wasn't restoring because I didn't have iTunes open, lol.

At any rate, you say I should set auto-lock to 'never' in order to help it restart properly? I could have sworn that the tutorial video I was following had auto-lock on, but I'll give it a try once I get a chance to try jailbreaking it again. Anyone else have any other suggestions in the meantime?
  10. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

um, don't do the manual installation. Do the touchfree installation, very easy!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.