frozen ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Assassin Sheepdog, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

I jailbroke my ipod touch several weeks ago, and it work fine except when this happens: when I install the mail app [with the mail prep first], it refuses to work at all with my Yahoo! mail account [I dont have any other mail account to test if it works at all]. After trying about 5 times retyping my password and stuff, I decided to uninstall it [mail app first, not the prep], and when it was done, it does the usual and goes to the "slide to unlock" screen. However, it has the rotating wheel on it, and stops rotating for like 2 seconds every minute allowing me to sleep it or unlock it. After those 2 seconds it just goes back to the "slide to unlock screen" [it never actually gets to the home screen because it starts rotating by then]. I can charge it as well, and it shows the charging screen but doesn't let me sync it. This is the second time this same exact thing has happened, and currently I am just waiting for my battery to drain [last time I didn't want to wait so I rebooted it].

Has anybody else had this problem? Since it has happened twice already, I figure someone else had to have had it because it is a bug or something in the system. I tried searching here for it, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if it was too descriptive or anything, I wanted to make sure I was exact when describing the problem.

I wanted to know if there is some way to do a "soft reboot" or anything so I don't lose all my apps, which took forever to install [I don't mind my music and videos, those I can just re-sync after a regular reboot].

This is my first post as well, so hello everyone

EDIT: I think I prob should have posted this in the tech help forums, sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

If any mods would feel so kind as to move this there, that would be appreciated
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

u need yahoo plus to use it in mail. It costs $20.
  3. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

oh, thanks for the info. I suppose I'll just switch to gmail or something then. I don't wanna pay for something that I can get for free.