Frozen installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by fred2028, Jan 30, 2008.

1. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I opened my 1.1.3 jailbroken installer, and as it was refreshing sources, it froze. No button I press work. My entire iPoT is frozen, my computer won't even recognize that hardware hasbeen added when I plug it in. Is there a way to fix it other than wait or restore?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

You should be able to fix this by holding the home button for a few seconds. Are you sure you can't even turn it off? Try a reset, press the home button and the lock button together for a few seconds.
  3. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, home button nor lock works. Can I still "un-recover it" if I put it in recovery mode?
  4. AlexRADL

Are you absolutely positive the lock/power button does not work? Press it for a few seconds and see if it will turn off, again, try to reset. If that does not work try to sftp into your touch and delete installer.app and try turning it off or resetting it after that. I am pretty sure a reset should fix your problem. No, you cannot "Un-recover it" once you put it into restore mode. If nothing else works just let the battery run out, charge it, and turn it back on.
  5. fred2028

fred2028 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am 100% positive that the lock nor home button work. However, I did fix it. I put it in restore mode and used the 1.1.2 jailbreak to Boot From Recovery. I was just really hesitant to put it in recovery since I didn't wanna lose 12 hours' work. Thanks though!
  6. AlexRADL

No problem, I am glad to see you were able to work it out.