frozen at "refreshing sources"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ellesdad, Feb 2, 2008.

1. ellesdad

ellesdad New Member

anyone else out there getting stuck halfway through refreshing sources when they go into installer? before this started to happen i installed theme packs for iswitcher, i am not sure if that has something to do with the problem.
  2. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, mine gets stuck too but then wait for a while and it will eventually get through...
  3. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

this happens to me all the time, its starting to get annoying, i just hold down the home button for 5 seconds.
  4. ellesdad

ellesdad New Member

i will just let it sit it for a while then. thanks.
  5. ellesdad

ellesdad New Member

i leave it alone for more than 5 minutes and it is still frozen at the halfway point. is my installer screwed?
  6. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine does the same thing
  7. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Most likely you've installed a source that's broken. Edit /private/var/mobile/Preferences/Installer/PackageSources.plist to remove the most recent source you added (it will be at the bottom, or all the ones that aren't installed by default or by Community Sources.

Oh, and to remove a specific source, you need to delete everything from a <dict> tag to a </dict> tag.
  8. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

yeas. I think this is happening to everyone with 1.1.3 jailbreak. It is getting annoying though. I heard that Apple is releasing a 1.1.4 at the end of February. Any one else hear about this?