Frozen at Boot Logo; VERY FRUSTRATED. >:C

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by thefowles1, Mar 29, 2009.

1. thefowles1

thefowles1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have an iTouch 1st gen, 16 gig, jailbroken firmware 2.2.1. And it's frozen at the bootscreen.
    Oh, yes, the recurring problem. I know many of you are sick of hearing about it, but hear me out (or direct me to any solutions I might have missed; I've been doing hours of research and none of the ideas people came up with have worked).

This started happening when I garnered an interest for cracked .ipas. Now, I'm not endorsing the download of cracked .ipas; in fact, this problem may be karma kicking my butt. =/

Anywho, I had heard about the mega4i installer, the Cydia app that some pirate was using to charge people for downloading cracked apps... which, if I may add, is the sleeziest move any pirate could make.
    Well, I wasn't planning on using it, but I had wondered what it was like. So I added the repo, attempted to install the Mega installer, and I received an error message. No biggie, happens sometimes. I click "okay", and it reboots in safe mode. Alright, again, no biggie.
    So I reboot it... and then it gets stuck on the boot screen.

What's interesting about this is I can SSH into my iTouch and iTunes recognizes it. I know that happens to a lot of people who have it freeze at the boot screen, but for me, after a couple minutes, it automatically reboots back to the boot screen only to freeze again and repeat the process. Endlessly. I haven't heard about this at all except in my situation.

As I said, I've tried every solution I could find, and none of them have worked. I REALLY don't want to have to restore it, and I am attempting to back up some files using WinSCP (inbetween automatic reboots, that is).

Does anyone have any ideas? Any intelligent advice will be greatly appreciated.
  2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restore and don't use shady software.

Seriously. This kind of stuff works its way into your filesystem. It's often too hard to try and manually remove it.
  3. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

Restart your computer and jailbreak again. 99% sure it will work.