Frozen at Apple

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by searandrage, Oct 15, 2007.

1. searandrage

searandrage New Member

Hello, i have been messing around with my ipod, and one time in summerboard, i pressed restart springboard. the ipod locked up, and now the ipod doesnt go past the apple sign Whats strange is that i can still ssh to it and itunes still recognizes it. Does any one have a solution? it would be much appreciated.
  2. music4life

music4life Active Member

Hello, there are many other threads on this forum that help you with this. But seeming as you need the help. I would be glad to let you know what is required to fix this. Reset your iPod Touch by holding the Sleep button at the top right of the iPod and hold the home button. When the screen flashes off, thats ok, don't worry, keep holding those until the apple symbol appears now, let go of the sleep screen while still holding the home button. Might I remind you that your ipod must be connected to your iPod. I hope this helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. searandrage

searandrage New Member

Thanks, i already know how to restore my ipod

but i just thought it was strange that i could ssh to it, and itunes recognized it. its like the ipod loaded but nothing was happening on the screen.... oh well i guess ill just have to start from scratch >.<
  4. music4life

music4life Active Member

Ah ok, sorry bout that, best of luck to you though.
  5. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

Hey if you go check out skylars post about summerboard something- Its in the applications section- Im quite sure its a sticky. He tells you how to get installer to start up from the apple screen. I never got it to fully work. Installer.app would pop up but was frozen give it a try though.
  6. searandrage

searandrage New Member

yeah. hopefully i can back it up

7. searandrage

searandrage New Member

Ill go check it out thanks!
  8. searandrage

searandrage New Member

sorry for triple posting, but: ugh no dice. I guess i need to restore unless by tomorrow someone has a solution. Please look at this! Its kind of strange.
  9. happyman696

happyman696 New Member

EDIT: some people have been saying they want UI access to simply uninstall Summerboard, reinstall Trip1PogoStick, and start over from scratch, as opposed to restoring their iPods to factory. Here's how to do that.

1) While the Apple logo is on the screen, open your SSH client, log on, and type this:
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard
    2) That will open the Home Screen that came on the iPod. Since Installer isn't on that screen, you will now have to SSH in this command
    /Applications/Installer.spp/Installer

That will open Installer, make it usable, and let you reinstall Trip1PogoStick while removing Summerboard.

from:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17511&postcount=1

So you tried this?
  10. mahger

mahger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    laurence, the same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I just restored after putting in recovery mode and it works fine now. And dl the new version of summerboard, its 3.0a11 now and it fixes a bunch of bugs.