Frozen Apple Logo + Stuck Home Button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by foscobr, Sep 21, 2008.

1. foscobr

foscobr New Member

hello guys! hope u can help me!
    my ipod touch home button suddenly stopped working 1 day ago. I decided to take it to the Apple Store here in Brazil, but my ipod touch is jailbroken, so i decided to restore it before taking it to the genius.

Don't ask me why, because I don't know, but i decided to reset my ipod contents first. So I went to the Preferences, general, reset and then clear content (or something like this)
    It started to work and told me that it would take about 2 hours.. I went to sleep, and today when I woke up my iPod was stuck at the apple logo(that is now a pineapple logo since quickpwn) and I have no Home Button to try to put it in recovery mode and restore it.

what should I do? Am I going to need to take it like this to the apple store? will my warranty be void?

please help me!
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately, going into DFU mode (and even doing a hard reboot from this state) requires the use of the home button, which you do not have. I can't think of any other ways to get it detected by iTunes at the moment, sadly.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, if you bring it to the Apple Store like that, you will void your warranty. Apple seems to be getting more serious about this kind of thing, and will definitely follow through with their User Agreement in this case.
  3. foscobr

foscobr New Member

=(

and do u have any idea of how much they may charge me for that?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oops.. i'm in brazil, so, i mean, do u have any idea of how much they would charge for that there in the US?