Frozen and wonkey!! Help...*sniff*

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by morbidelfdoll, Aug 6, 2009.

1. morbidelfdoll

morbidelfdoll New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i am new here... so i bought this ipod touch (1st gen), used, off ebay. the seller had very good feedback and assured me that even though he dropped it in the tub...(yeah i was suspious too) that there was a minor battery problem and the wifi didnt work. thats it. so i paid and recived it and i have been fighting it for two days not. he is being really nice about helping me to get it working. he informed me that he had a mac. i have win XP. after looking around on this forum i found out how to force a restor and that seemed to work after fighting it some more. the computer wasnt recongizing it and neither was itunes. i did the Restor, with the power button and the home button, like i read. after a few tires, VOILA! yay. it recongized it and started to update the software. THEN when it started to actually restore it, it went back to the Restor Service screen (the itunes screen with the usb in the picture) it went all wonky......

now, when unplugged it will restart and go to the screen with the apple then go right to the Restor service screen. after several seconds it restarts and does it again. i plugged it in and it stays on the screen. ive tried everything i can think of to get it back to the home screen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

please someone help me with this issue. i really dont want to have to ask this guy for a refund.... he is being so nice.

(oh and im on my brother's computer- him and his wife both have ipod touchs that work on here. i have my own user account on here. and ive already done the uninstall and reinstall stuff)
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Have you tried putting it in DFU mode?
  3. morbidelfdoll

morbidelfdoll New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what is DFU mode and how do i do it... i am willing to try anything at this point
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok i have tried DFU mode, whatever that does... and nothing happened. its still staying on the Restor Service screen with the itunes thingy, then rebooting. some please help me with this
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i dont guess anyone has any other ideas huh...?