From testing 24kpwn to a Terminal in less than 2 days...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SmSpillaz, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SmSpillaz

SmSpillaz New Member

Dammit they're fast.

It appears that Geohot (A.K.A George Hotz, the one who developed the original hardware unlock for the iPhone 1G) has booted up a jailbroken system on the iPhone 3GS. Potential jailbreakers, expect something fairly soon.

I think Apple is just going to stop trying with the Cat & Mouse game now. They've raced down the the hardware level and subsequent hardware revisions are being pwned for life within a week of their release.
  2. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i expected more of an exciting chase for this jailbreak tbh

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Apple suck at protecting their devices, they should re-invent all this bootrom business if they really want to suceed.
  4. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)

They're doing a lot better than palm, leaked webOS SDK and hacked the device and had emulaters on it in what two weeks?
  5. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    thats because i dont think they really mind, apple HATE people using unapproved third party applications, both on Macs and on their other products. Palm seem a bit more... hacker friendly?
  6. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Palm doesn't really care unless it's tethering. Apple doesn't want any unapproved things on their devices. They haven't given up, the bootrom was cut in August 2008 and they added the ECID thing. Expect the a firmware update to patch the Ultrasn0w exploit very soon. Anyhow, this is great news, I expected this to take weeks if not months. Emulators FTW.