From Computer To iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Scanlonc3, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Scanlonc3

Scanlonc3 New Member

Hey, I'm new here and very new to moding my ipod touch

So i have Summerboad and customize going fine. I have two questions (that are prob very similar in answer).... There are themes online to download onto my computer but I don't know how to get them onto my ipod touch. They download in .zip and i can't figure out how to send them.

I also want to make my own icons. is there a guide + program I can do that with?

I am running OS X Lepoard on my MacBook and have an 8gig ipod touch.

Thanks!
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

go to macupdate dot com and download cyberduck, then open this up and set up a new connection. change the first bar to sftp. your ip address can be found on your ipod by going to settings, then wifi, then click the blue arrow next to your wifi name (must be the same wifi as the computer is on).

back to cyberduck, username is root, password is alpine

before clicking ok, make sure ssh is on (download bossprefs in installer to do so)

now click ok once ssh is on.

it will bring you to /private/var/root, double click on Library, then Summerboard, then themes

double click on the .zip file to unzip it, it should be a folder containing the theme material. click and drag this folder and drop it onto the white area where there are no files or folders or you will put the theme in the wrong area.

the theme should appear in summerboard after respringing, which can be done in summerboard (the button on the bottom)

as for making icons, they can be made in photoshop, etc. (i have a way to get it, PM if you want it)
  3. Scanlonc3

Scanlonc3 New Member

I download cyberduck an connected my two, but I there is no "Summerboard" folder.... how odd.

And yes, I do have summerboard on my ipod touch. A folders for Customize, DockSwap, iFlashCards, Intsaller, Lockdown, and Wallpaper show

any suggestions?
  4. panucci996

panucci996 New Member

use winscp its so easy to use just drag the file from ur computerr on 2 winscp then drag it on ur ipod touch
    but first put ur ip address in host then for uuser name put root and for password put alpine .k

(\__/)
    (-'.'- )
    (") (")