From 1.1.4 to 2.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by champagne609, Sep 14, 2008.

1. champagne609

champagne609 New Member

I finally mustered up the confidence to make the jump from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2. and i dont want to lose all my songs/videos, apps etc. I wanted to know if there is a way that i can upgrade from 1.1.4 but still keep my songs/videos when i go to 2.0.2. In other words how do i back up all my stuff and then restore them after jailbreaking them to 2.0.2. Thanks guys. Still new to this.
  2. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    keep all your music and videos in itunes or in your computer and re put them into your ipod (voila)
  3. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    don't bother with 2.0.2 go to 2.1 it's way faster
  4. champagne609

champagne609 New Member

Ok thanks, thought there was another way to regain all my music besides storing them on my computer and manually putting them back on the ipod. What about the apps that i have from 1.1.4 how would i restore all these to 2.0.2? Thanks again
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    This might sound dumb, as i'm a rookie at this, but can you further explain why it's way faster and if its actually better to upgrade to this than 2.0.2. Thanks.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's newer; it automatically means it's most likely better.

No one really knows why it's faster, it just is.
  6. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm from wat i know ull have to search in cydia bcuz not all apps are ported
  7. champagne609

champagne609 New Member

Ok i guess. Would my apps from 1.1.4 be imported over or would i have to start from scratch again and download my apps/games all over again?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks for your help jieo. So in other words start from scratch with cydia then.
  8. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes you wont have your previous apps
    but a lot of well known apps are ported in cydia and installer too
  9. champagne609

champagne609 New Member

ok thanks
  10. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Firmware 2.0 makes some changes in the way applications run, for that reason, apps you had on 1.1.4 won't work on 2.X.X.

HOWEVER, there are some apps that are already ported to work with 2.X.X, those you'll find them in Installer and Cydia, but keep in mind that there are many apps that haven't been ported yet, and some that were ported to be downloaded through the AppStore, and might want some $$ for them.

Just trying to keep that clear. On the other hand, with 2.X.X JB, you have access to Apple's AppStore, AND themeing, modding, and all that. Don't expect many free games through Cydia though.