Frist Gen Touch. Black Screen of doom

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by godkos, May 25, 2009.

1. godkos

godkos New Member

Please dont ask why i called it the black screen of doom, or whatever

so. im new here and i thought maybe someone can help me becuase im not paying apple to help me

so. the problume is i was one of the many people to get an ipod touch

i had it for 3 monthes (yes i jail broke it) And then i woke up about 4 monthes ago to find that when i touched my screen it was allmost as dark as when it is off but i can barely see the slide to unlock button but i cant slide it, like it's off but then i try rebooting it, by holding the power and home butten and it will pop with a pulg and the itunes symbol and when i hold down the power button in that screen i can slide the power button back and fourth, so. when i plug it into itunes it says to restore it. so i did and it comes up with a blank white screen.

I can't win when it's on it has the black screen of doom, like i can see all the icon's just can't slide to unlock it
    when it's off it has the white screen of doom

please help

I have also found out i cant restore it either
  2. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I actually had, basically, the same problem also about 4 months ago. Sadly, I can only tell you that I just got so frustrated with it one day I left it-for about 3 weeks. I came back and charged it (after restoring it a lot, letting it die and charge, and yelling choice words at it only to be followed by a tone of regret and anguish) to find that after restoring it once more everything got better...

Also sadly, I don't know what actually causes this because I am nowhere near an expert on iPods. Sorry man
  3. sami8007

sami8007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um i may be able to help. this will probably not work but try putting it into dfu mode, leaving it for about 5 minutes and then putting it back to normal. good luck
  4. godkos

godkos New Member

DFU mode?