Fring SIP doesn't work?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by d3xterity, Jan 22, 2010.

1. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used Fring with the SIP service VoIPBuster and it worked every time I used it. However, I stopped using it for a while and there were many updates to it. I recently decided to use it just about 2 days ago. I tried using the free SIP calling service provided by VoIPBuster, but it did not work. I called my cellphone, but it did not ring. Is anyone else experiencing these issues with Fring and the SIP services from VoIPStunt or VoIPBuster? I am on the 3.0 Firmware. Thanks. Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Nessa148

Nessa148 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken 8GB 2G iPod touch with the 3.0 firmware also. I installed the fring app and connected it with voipbuster too, but everytime I try to call a number using SIP it rings on my iPod, but the phone doesn't ring. It has never worked for me, but I haven't got my headphones with mic yet, so maybe that's the problem... If I succeed in fixing the problem I'll repost a reply. Sorry I couldn't help

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. d3xterity

d3xterity Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks. At least someone here has the same problem as me. I am guessing that it is because were on 3.0? Time to upgrade to 3.1.2. Good luck.
  4. QuAcKeRz13

QuAcKeRz13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm on 3.1.2 and it doesn't work. I think the problem is you ony get a few calls for free but for me that doesn't make sence becuase the viopbuster should be free ALWAYS. I've emailed FRING but I don't think they ever answered. So many questions..
  5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Guys, use iCall. It's free from the App Store and it allows you to make free calls.