fring on 2gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fondoo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. fondoo

fondoo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just upgraded my 1gen ipod touch to a 2gen. does anyone know if fring skype will work on the 2gen? please let me know. thanks in advance.
  2. B3njaminX23

B3njaminX23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes you can use it. You just need a mic.. A mic that is compatible for IPod 2g like IPhone's handsfree.. I use Iphone's mic.. It actually works.
  3. iNsTiiNkZ

iNsTiiNkZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah. What Benjamin said. You just need a mic. I use the Phillips mic that is from Target for $10.
  4. fondoo

fondoo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    alright. i took my gf's iphone headphone with mic and plugged it into my ipod touch 2gen. fired up fring and i still cant make calls out. i dialed 18002749800 and hit the skype out. i have a skype account with skype out. it tries to call out and then call terminated. anyone know why??

i tested fring test call and i was able to hear myself from the test.
  5. IDK12

IDK12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not enough money in your account or you didn't dial the international number first which I think you did. Maybe try to call your self
  6. fondoo

fondoo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have $9.00 in my account. i called my own cell and call was terminated. does skype work for you?
  7. IDK12

IDK12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I don't have a skype account. I encountered problems with Fringe with free voip providers but not with Siphon. Siphon is better for me too because, I think, it uses less resources running on the background. I use backgrounder for Siphon to run in the background so I can receive calls. Works out perfectly but I need to put a least $10 into voipcheap for unlimited calls to free destinations.