Fring+Ipod Touch = No love. PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jordy2324, Oct 1, 2009.

1. jordy2324

jordy2324 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK.

Yesterday installed fring on my iPod touch 16GB 2nd Generation running the 3.1.1 firmware.

I'm using Voip Buster.

Yesterday, my IPT was making outgoing calls with Fring and VB. However, I didn't have a working mic, so it was of no avail.

Today, I get a working mic Gigawear microphone and Track Control.

And so far today, Fring will not connect any calls. After about 20 seconds, it says "call terminated." I have tried it with the USA country code and without it. I've tried manually dialing a "1" before the area code and I've tried it without it. I've shut down my IPT and re-tried. I also went into voip buster and changed the number of seconds before hanging up from 30 to 50. It still hangs up in about 15 or 20 seconds.

I've tried calling numbers from 3 different area codes. I've tried mobile. I've tried landline.

One other note of interest (which may or may not matter) I only have the "SIP" button lit green. In some youtube tutorials, they have a "cell" button and a "skype out" button lit. I only have the SIP button.

OK..... so. What the heck do I need to do to get this to work? I'm really confused. I'm leaving the country in two days and this was going to be my only means of staying in touch with people.

Help would be MUCH appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. m8uby

m8uby New Member

Try creating a new voip buster account, if that doesn't work then try using voip cheap or another sip provider.
  3. jordy2324

jordy2324 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK. Maybe I should try VOIP Stunt? Is that any better?